Friday, October 10, 2008

The Greatest Time of Year


Some may prefer the warmth of summer or the explosion of colors in the spring or the brilliance of a heavy winter snowfall, but for me there is no better time of year than right now. The crispness of the air, the spectacular colors, tremendous hunting and fishing opportunities and so much more. I had the opportunity to head over to our family hunting camp this past weekend with my wife and daughters and really get into the season. Wood needed to be cut for the upcoming deer season and my old blind was finally taken over by mother nature and had to be removed. I'll be hoping for dry weather during this hunting season as I hunt from my portable climbing stand. The girls, at ages 7 and 4, really loved helping to stack the wood and Autumn had her first opportunity to drive the Gator! She stayed on the trail most of the time! Taking a few days away and just getting outdoors is a great way to pull your mind away from the daily grind and recharge those batteries. If you haven't taken the opportunity to spend some quality time with your family recently, get out there while the weather is good and remind yourself why you work so hard in the first place.

No comments: