Monday, January 18, 2016

Gladwin County Real Estate Market 2015 Year in Review

Gladwin County Year in Review 2015
Time flies seems like such a cliché' statement but is sure represents how I feel about 2015. Where did the year go and how can we possibly be discussing the real estate market from 2015 and gearing up for a successful 2016 already? This year was another stellar year for myself and Homewaters Recreational Real Estate. It seems my career has done nothing but skyrocket since I joined the team 6 years ago. I was able to strike a decent balance this year between work and family and hope that all of you make that a priority as well. My most important job is as mom to my son Chandler as he is in a monumental year. He will be graduating from high school this year and 2015 was such a memory filled year from senior pictures to ordering the cap and gown to visiting potential universities. While attempting to be the best mom and wife I can be I sold 54 units this year for 5 million in home sales, including selling the most real estate of anyone on Wixom Lake! I finished the year selling the 4th most in the Clare/Gladwin Board of Realtors. I am proud of always being a top broker and strongly believe success is earned. Mine is earned through countless hours of hard work, a passion for my career, a competitive attitude and a thorough understand of the existing market. My ability to competitively price a home, the extensive internet marketing I offer clients, the use of the latest technology allowing me to work more efficiently which enables me to carry a large inventory and my follow up and communication skills are additional reason why I achieve success year after year. Of course no one rises to the top alone and I need to send huge shout outs to my assistant, Sherri, for her dedication to her work and to Chad and Mandy Brown for allowing me to be part of the Homewaters brand and my husband for putting up with me and trying to keep a smile on my face day after day. As I gear up for 2016 I am looking forward to seeing who is placed in my path that I will be lucky enough to help accomplish their real estate goals!
Homewaters Recreational Real Estate serves all of Northern Lower Michigan and this year we were able to participate in 405 transactions for a grand total of over 51 million in sales! We truly feel we are selling a lake living lifestyle and not just a piece of real estate.
Below is a comparison of 2014 and 2015.

The following data was obtained from the Clare/Gladwin Board of Realtors Multiple Listing Service and reflects residential home sales only.
                                                            2014                2015
Number of Listings                             1613                1583
Average List Price                              $114,456         $111,755        
Average Sold Price                             $83,596           $89,652
Number of Sold Listings                    773                  854
Average Days on Market (for solds)  213                  215
% of Asking Price Received               92.3%              92.7%

Referencing the grid you can see there were 30 less listing in 2015 and the average asking price fell by $2,700 from 2014. However, the average sold price rose by over $6,000. Less sellers entered the marking in 2015 and I will be bold and say that the area real estate market has recovered after years of stability followed by a few with increased sales. There were 81 more sales that last year which is an average of 6.75 more sales every month! Days on market fell to a low of only 213 days. The percentage the seller's received of their asking price rose another .4% over 2014. More inventory selling means more buyers in the market and points to a more balanced market in this area. The market shift has been gradual but steady and should continue in 2016. With that said this is an election year and we are experiencing a volatile stock market so this year will be highly unpredictable in my opinion. It is my job to serve as the expert when you are ready to buy or sell so please consider contacting me when you are ready to enter the market.         


 

No comments: