Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bring Your Dog to Work Day!

While that may not technically be a holiday (though I think it should be!), Chad & Co at Homewaters were kind enough to accommodate my dog, Juni, in the office today when her grooming appointment had to be rescheduled.

Before we walked into work, we stopped at two different downtown Traverse City shops where Juni was not only welcomed but gushed over.  Then we passed the State Theatre where she was offered a treat as we walked by.  This got me thinking about another great aspect of living Up North: people here are dog-friendly.  Many dog owners, like myself, consider their pooch to be one of the family and I'm sure that I take the warm welcome Juni gets in most places we go to for granted (she has even roamed the aisles of Home Depot while we searched for the perfect grass seed!).  

So I hopped online and found that TC is the most dog-friendly city in Michigan.  No surprise there I guess, but an added bonus of the lifestyle this area offers, and a good reminder to ourselves about the different ways the TC area is a unique place to visit and live!

-Britt

Juni working hard at the Homewaters office in Traverse City today





No comments: