Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Just Do It

This time of year, it's often easier to just stay indoors where it's nice and warm and enjoy your favorite t.v. show. Unfortunately I find myself in this same position quite often, but occasionally get out and see something I haven't before in the winter months. Associate Broker Lance Weyeneth and I had an opportunity to walk a beautiful acreage parcel on Lake Huron not long ago and the landscape was something I had never seen. For the first hundred feet or so on the lake, it looked like softball sized stones covered the ice in broad sweeping carpet. When I walked out on the surface we realized they were 1,000's upon 1,000's of perfectly formed ice balls. It really made for an amazing scene. At the edge of the open water, where the force of the wind and waves pushes against this solid mass were huge upheavals of the ice and snow that looked more like a lunar landscape than the lakeshore. The sound of the slush, ice, and waves surging against the hard shelf was indescribable as well. In all the years I've spent enjoying the outdoors, it was unlike anything I had seen. Just another example of what you just might find if you put on the gear and take an afternoon to explore!

No comments: