Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Splendor of Leelanau


There is nothing quite as beautiful as a sunrise over a lake in Northern Michigan. I had the opportunity to view some spectacular colors this weekend as my family and I camped on Lake Leelanau. What a great weekend to kick back and relax by the water.


I was reminded by my RV neighbors just how lucky we are to live in such a wonderful place. They travel here from downstate many times in a summer and they can "feel the stress melt away" as they get farther and farther north. It is too easy to get wrapped up in the day to day and forget that we live in one of the most beautiful places on earth.


As we drove around the lake in our boat, I noticed more and more of the cottages and summer homes are no longer shuttered and vacant. Smiling faces were hard at work putting the docks in the water, cleaning up the yards, and soaking up the sunshine. Now is a great time to visit us in Northern Michigan to see those waterfront properties you have been dreaming of all winter. I would love to share the wonders of Leelanau County with you and maybe help you find your own little piece of heaven. Email me at cheri@homewaters.net.

No comments: