Thursday, March 26, 2020

SPRINGTIME 2020 IN KALKASKA COUNTY

As we all are sheltering in place during this unprecedented event in world history, I am counting my blessings that here in Northern Michigan we have an abundance of opportunity to get outside and enjoy the beautiful unspoiled woods and water surrounding us. My 7 year old granddaughter and I made a commitment to walk one mile every day while we are under the shelter in place rules. It is a great time to chat and learn from each other plus the exercise and fresh air lead to better health and better sleep.


Spring is typically the time of year when our recreational and waterfront property sellers  start to prep their homes and properties to be placed for sale  The most recent high water levels and subsequent erosion are something that many of us are dealing with.  Your Michigan county conservation district can always be your local point of contact for resources. In addition, I can provide you with lists of reputable lawn care, painting, plumbing, heating and electrical  professionals.  If you are considering selling or just want know the market value of your property I would be happy to sit down with you and discuss - once the all clear is given for you and I to have face to face meetings again. I am always available by phone, email or video chat. Kalkaska County sales in 2019 saw their highest sale prices ever on a number of lakefront homes on our inland lakes and residential properties throughout the county.
If you are looking for outside options in Northern Michigan to hike and social distance I offer this list of protected land courtesy of the Grand Traverse Regional Land Conservancy. The abundance of nature and fresh water surrounding our "little piece of paradise" provide endless opportunity to enjoy the pleasures of  outdoor recreation.
Please visit my webpage to learn more about me. I can be reached at mary@homewaters.net, 231-384-1207.


No comments: