Wednesday, April 9, 2014

QUIET LAKES OF KALKASKA COUNTY, MICHIGAN

Kalkaska County Michigan has 90 lakes and 3 rivers.  The largest deepest lakes like Big Blue, Bear, Manistee, Starvation and Big Twin are all-sports lakes which allow for high speed boating.  The majority of the lakes are "Quiet" lakes or "No Wake" lakes.

Why would someone choose a quiet lake over an all sports lake.  Many different reasons. I live on Kettle Lake which is a small lake just east of the Village of Kalkaska and I enjoy the peace and serenity of sitting on my dock and drinking coffee, kayaking around the lake to view habitat, fishing on an early morning crystal clear lake surface or looking out the window to see an eagle teaching its young to fish or watching a Great Blue Heron feasting on frogs at my shoreline.

If you desire an affordable waterfront home or vacation home, please contact me.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the amount of choices in Kalkaska County!

No comments: