Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Right Brain Brewery Tour!

Happy New Year!  This holiday season I got the gift of someone else's gift - does it get any better?  My friend Jenn took Joe, John, and I on a tour of Right Brain Brewery in Traverse City which she received as a gift from a former co-worker.

Now, I have some vast and fairly technical drinking knowledge of beer, but the process is something I don't have quite the same experience.  For those reading who are similar to me in that, go on a brewery tour!  

It was very informative, thirst-quenching, and eye-opening!  I had visited Right Brain as a customer before, but there were many things I had not realized on my own about their business in general.

Leif was our tour guide (that's him --->), and he did an excellent job.

One of the most interesting pieces to me - "We've worked hard to reclaim and re-use as much of the old building as possible, while at the same time creating a warm and inviting atmosphere suitable for beer drinking and conversing."  No flatscreen TV's, no cheesy big beer brand advertisements, just a chill place to enjoy a good beer with friends.  Some hard laughs have been had at RBB, playing Apples to Apples while sipping a "Flying Squirrel".  





















Oh!  And they've added food!  (I like food).  "Nibblers", as well as homemade waffle sandwiches.  We had the "Fluffer Nutter" which is Fluff and Hazelnut spread (infused with the RBB "CEO Stout") between two warm freshly-made waffles.  As you can imagine, it was terrible (sarcasm).  Kudos to Chef Mike.
Click here for info on taking the RBB tour - DO IT.





No comments: