Friday, November 12, 2010

Good Luck Hunters

With the opening of the firearms deer season on Monday the 15th of November, there may be a whole lot fewer people at work and school because they'll be in the woods chasing the big buck. I've been fortunate to grow up in a family where the tradition of hunting has been very strong. For the 22nd year in a row, I'll be heading to the family camp to enjoy some time in the woods and around the card table with three generations of my family. The top photo to the left is my cousin Todd with his son, Josh and his first archery taken deer. The bottom photo is from two years ago with my now 92 year old grandfather and my buck from that year. Grandpa won't be able to make it to camp this year, but he's the one who made our tradition possible and we'll definitely be missing him at camp. There aren't too many activities that bring families together like hunting camp does and I am very thankful I happen to be a part of one. Just wanted to send out a note of luck to all those heading into the woods for a safe and successful hunt this year!

No comments: