Friday, March 19, 2010

Wixom Lake in the Spring!

Wixom Lake in the Spring

I love Wixom Lake but I especially love Wixom Lake in the Spring. Actually Spring doesn't officially arrive until this weekend but with all the sunshine and 60 degree weather is feels like it has been for about a week or so. Fresh off an afternoon off spent doing some shopping with a favorite Aunt I wanted to continue with the clear headed, less stressed feelings I was experienincing so I asked the neighbor to take a walk with me.

I am so glad I went. Spring near Wixom Lake is amazing to me. The birds are returning home after a long winter away. I saw ducks swimming around and a beautiful trumpeter swan! The lake was very still and looked like a sheet of glass, the world around us was quiet and sleepy and the sun was low in the sky. There was a thin layer of ice in a little cove yet, but for the most part, the lake is unfrozen and I get such a sense of re-awakening, new life and a fresh start!

It was just what I needed to kick off this day. I need to remember that I can take care of my family and clients better if I take care of myself first! I'm not sure why that is so easy for me to forget but hopefully with the help of my neighbor we will take more morning walks along Wixom Lake just like this!

Soon, we won't see any ice but rather a sleepy world waking up, ducks swimming on Wixom Lake, the occasional fish jumping and the early morning fisherman on their docks or out in their boats. Still sounds amazing to me but not able to be apprecicated as much as a beautiful Spring morning on Wixom Lake!!

Are you thinking about making Gladwin County, Michigan your new home? Gladwin County is home to both Wixom Lake and Secord Lake! Are you thinking about taking advantage of the great interest rates and affordable prices to buy your own slice of Northern Michigan Heaven? Contact me today and lets gets started! I know the area very well and I know the market even better! You can call me at 989-429-2600, email me at sonya@sonyaloose.com or visit my website.

No comments: